Sore ribs after an injury. Pain while walking. Need medical attention?

On the upper right side of my hip undee my ribs feel like if they were sore. I accidently hit my self with a medle there two days ago. That night on the same side that i hurt myself it felt heavy and i felt pain to move myself. When i walk it hurts but am able to resist it. When i massage it, it feels better but then again it hurts. When i lay on that side it feels good for a while but then it hurts. I tried tapping myself on that side but i feel no pain i jst feel sore hut i have been feeling it for da past three days now. I also started drinking alot of water to make it feel better. Bur the soreness wont go away. Do you think this is normal or something that i should probly see a doctor for ?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013