Low back pain, hip pain, tight tendon connections. Had injury in leg. Any ideas?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have low back pain and hip pain. Tendon connections very tight. Suffered injuries due to tight tendons in leg and foot also. Any ideas.
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
According to the history provided the back pain and hip pain could be part of a mechanical back pain complex of symptoms. This mechanical back pain is caused due to tight tendons, bad posture at work, long work-hours in particular position, lack of proper sleep or healthy diet as well.

First you need to assess the severity of the situation. Get an MRI done if not done already. That will give us a fair idea of the cause and will help in ruling out any local injuries or disc related problems. Then accordingly a treatment plan can be formulated.

First line treatment is in the form of medications ( mild pain killers in combination with muscle relaxants), lifestyle modifications and physiotherapy wiz traction, local ultrasonics, braces(belts) and exercises. These works as long as the inciting factors are no longer acting.

Meanwhile, you may do 'back strengthening exercises', unfortunately those are difficult to explain in words and beyond the scope of this answer. But that you can learn from your physiotherapist or from images on internet. These exercises are the only long term insurance you have from similar attacks in future, and dont forget they have their limitations. Things you should avoid are long distance traveling, sitting in a particular position for long time (do regular stretching in hourly intervals), avoid forward bending and lifting heavy objects, and foremost do not self medicate.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.