Small child, fluctuating fever, itchiness in inner thighs, bumps in armpits. Treatment options?

My son had a fever yesterday raging from 99.1 to 103.3. I treated the fever with Motrin and he s been fever free for about 18 hours now without meds. He came to me a little while ago in a panic because he became extremely itchy oh his inner thighs. I checked and he had a huge welt running the whole length of both inner thights, up over his knee cap and around his ankles. Then I checked his chest and around his armpits there are little pimple like bumps that aren t quite welts yet. This has never happened before so I m not sure if I should be too concerned. His immunizations are up to date.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013