Severe swelling and bleeding due to a shin injury. Could this be serious?

Hi... my partner has come of a flying fox and impacted her shins into a metal deck hard. She can walk, but her shins have raptures and are bleeding and have both blown up like quarter of an egg protruding?... I am after advise on whether it could be serious?
I have given her pain killers and iced and raised her legs. I was expecting it might be worse tomorrow swelling wise? and if she is in pain or feels pain tomorrow night or following day to go to Medicate centre?... is there anything else i need to know or do? Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013