Severe leg cramps, pain, swollen vein, sore calves. Taking pain killers. Cure?

I woke up with a real bad leg cramp about 3weeks ago an my leg never stopped hurting actually it s like it s getting worst, an I could feel a vein swollen on the side of it. I went to my doctor she gave me pain medicine an a mpax. An it wasn t that bad while I was on the medication , now the medicine is gone it s like Its gotten worst , an my doctor said for me to go to an orthopedic what could be wrong ? It s swollen in the back were I bend my knee an real sore in my calve, an now it s feeling like it s trying to cramp back up It s slightly red
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012