Severe dry eyes due to synthroid, history of glaucoma surgery. Will quitting the medicine help?

I have severe dry eyes due to senthroid for thyroid, on drops every hour, I quit taking the synthroid on Sun Aug 5, will the dry eyes get any better I had glaucoma surgery 4 yrs ago, eyes did fine untill Dec 2011 when I was put on Levothroxine 0.088. Within two months moderate dry eyes, drops every 4 to 6 times a day, by July 2012 severe dry eyes, sensitive to light, cannot drive, sit in dark room, can t watch TV, or read. I read where Synthroids can cause dry eye syndrome , My eye Dr. prescribed a stronger artificial tears , only works for a short time, I was so desperate to get help from this terrible condition, I decided to stop Syntheroids for thyroid problem, was not bad, but a little low, to get some relief from this dry eye problem, also the synthroid was giving me a headache and I felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my head sometimes, Will my dry eyes get better now that I have quit this medicine, I am to see my family physician next week to inform him of my decision, but I need help now.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012