Rhythmic and rapid movement of head in pregnancy. Is it an essential tremor?

Hi my wife is 37.5 weeks pregnant and I ve noticed that she has started to nod her head rhythmically and rapidly in very small movements. She never did this before she was pregnant. Her mother who is elderly also does this sometimes. My wife seems to be very sensitive to relaxin and has had very bad back problems during the pregnancy. Is this a typical but unusual side effect of pregnancy? or is it more likely to be Essential Tremor (presuming that its not a symptom of a more serious underlying condition).
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012