Recent mother started smoking, pediatrician advised no perfumes also. Will it affect the baby ?

I have a friend who recently had a baby. Her pediatrician told her to not wear perfumes etc.. around the baby which could cause breathing problems. I understand this but my concern is: the mother has started smoking again. She goes outside to smoke but you can smell the smoke on her when she walks back in the house. She doesn t wash her hands and I know the residue is in her hair and clothes. I have been doing research on 3rd hand smoke. Please tell me what you think concerning this. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012