Pregnant with twins, ultrasound during 26 weeks shows twin A deceased. Reason for baby's death?

Hi Dr, I was pregnant with twins and when I had ultrasound at 26 weeks then Twin A was deceased, Tech told me that in my earlier ultrasound(which was done at 18 weeks) Twin A was significantly small,but the Tech who did the ultrasound earlier or my doctor didn t told me anythng about that. I was just shocked and I m still in shock. When I ask my doctor He said he don t want to me stress me out thats why he didn t told me anything. I m still wondering what could be the reason of baby s death and why doctor didn t sent me to specialist ? I m not satisfied with my doctors ans.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013