Pregnant, have continuous cough, difficulty in sleeping, have intense pain on the right hand, abdominal walls. Remedy?

Hi Dr Lundi, My names Carolyn and I m currently 33 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child. My concern is I have had a cough for about 3-4 weeks now and the last week its become increasingly hard to sleep as I have coughing fits that wake me up (and its not like its easy to sleep at the moment at the best of times with this belly, bless bubs little cotton socks) and I end up sleeping up right on the couch just to get some sleep. My main concern is my right hand side hurts intensly now along my abdominal wall , is it possible I have torn muscles when coughing? Now it hurts continuously about a 4-5 even when I m not coughing but when I do it goes to a 7-8 on the pain scale , sharp stabbing pain. What do you suggest is the best course of action for me? Carolyn
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012