Is injection of formic and rantac morning and evening the right treatment for typhoid?

Pediatrician
Question
my son 2yrs,10months old suffering fever.Dr gave him fever treatment on 24 Dec but after blood test on 27 Dec Dr say that my son suffering typhoid then the Dr gave typhoid course.Injection of formic 750mg & rantac 2ml morning & evening, start from 27 Dec evening. pls suggest me that this treatment right & enough.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 7 hours later
Brief Answer: yes. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern Yes this is right treatment for typhoid. Treatment is to be given for ten days .initally injectable and later can be switched over to oral medication. I suggest you yo give him plenty of fluids and soft bland diet so as to maintain hydration and nutrition. Repeated hand washing should be done. Get him vaccinated with typhoid vaccine after 2 weeks. Hope I have answered your query let me know if you have any further question I would be glad to help. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...

Follow-up: Is injection of formic and rantac morning and evening the right treatment for typhoid? 1 hour later
Pls tell me what food will be given him & what is not given.And u told that give typhoid vaccine after 2 weeks.I ALREADY given typhoid vaccine on 2yrs. pls tell me what means 2 weeks

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. You should give plenty of fluids,vegetable soup.,fruit juice home made,rice porridge,dhalia. Regarding vaccination if already taken than no need to give again. It is to be given after every 3 years. Most important is to take care of hygeine as mode of transmission is feco oral route. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further. Take care..

Follow-up: Is injection of formic and rantac morning and evening the right treatment for typhoid? 7 minutes later
after course it completly end of deases. It not again come & how can know that typhoid is completely out or not. It is need to see my son to anpther Dr or no need. can i give him chapati & sabji

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: no need to see other doctor. Detailed Answer: Thanks again. There is no need to see another doctor. Give medication as prescribed. Yes he will get completely cured of it. You can give chapati and vegetables . Vegetable needs to be washed properly and boiled.and make it bland without spices and little oil. Avoid green leafy vegetables rather you can give bottlegaurd,peas,potato. Give boiled water. Hope I have answered your queries. Take care...

Follow-up: Is injection of formic and rantac morning and evening the right treatment for typhoid? 2 hours later
Madam course was started on 27 Dec evening.my son not fever from 27 Dec evening to 29 Dec morning but 29 evening ,30 morning ,30 afternoon (1300Hrs) fever come again. dr said that fever come no problem,mam i am very worry pls guide me

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Relax,do not worry. It takes at least 72 hours for fever to come down. In case it continues to be on higher side till tomorrow get him re examined by pediatrician. I understand your concer. Take care.