Pregnancy. Less amniotic fluid, baby measurement less. How to increase the volume of amniotic fluid and is there any chromosomal or kidney issue?

I m 14 weeks pregnant. I just got the results of my ultra sound which was done at exactly 13 weeks (based on my ovulation date) and while the baby is measuring spot on (13wks 3 days and 13 wks 1 day for the two separate measurements they take) my amniotic fluid is somewhat less than normal - mild oligohydramnios . My midwife said she expects it to reverse itself because the baby wouldn t be measuring perfectly if it had any development/chromosomal disorders or if it had kidney issues. How long would it take to reverse itself? Is there anything I can do to improve the volume of amniotic fluid? What are the odds of pregnancies going to full term with a healthy baby when the fluid is low at the end of the first trimester? Any insight would be appreciated!
Asked On : Fri, 24 Aug 2012