Pain on bending leg after fall, swelling, taken painkillers, used ice. Will it settle down?

Hi, I fell backwards today and landed on the floor, my left left twisted inwards slightly as i fell. I had immediate pain on the inside of my left knee and weight bearing was uncomfortable. I am unable to bend my leg without severe pain. I have put ice on it and have it raised up on cushions. it does appear swollen on the inside. I have taken pain killers. Do i need to see my GP or just give it a few days to settle down? also anything else i should be doing to help it? Rebecca
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012