Pain in the right back when breathing. No help from Ventolin. What could it be?

I am experiencing pain in the middle right side of my back, when I breathe or move it worsens, but the pain is constant and very strong. It is from quite close to the spine across and above under my ribs and on inhalation is much worse. I have to breathe shallow. I wondered if it was a liver pain. I have asthma , but it is not an asthma pain and I tried a ventolin to see if it helped, which it didn t. Last year I was admitted to hospital with suspected ulcers after an episode of severe chest pain, but it is not the same either.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013