Pain in the chest after having a heart bypass surgery. Pain worsens on coughing. On pain killers. Any suggestions?

Dear Doctor,
I am seeking your expert advice for my father who is 55 years old and had undergone a heart by-pass surgery (CABG x1 Lima - LAD) Surgery 20 days ago in March2013. After the surgery, he seemed to be doing fine for a week or so but then developed pain in right side of his chest. Whenever he cough, pain has grown sharper. The follow-ups with the doctors have proved futile. He is constantly on pain killers to curb pain. Please help us and advice what should we do.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013