Pain after removal of back molar tooth. Taking Panadine. Have bad taste in mouth, tongue has fur covering, headache

Hi I had my back molar tooth removed 8 days ago and it is still throbbing constantly. Sometimes it s bad enough to take pain medication and other times it is not. 3 days after I had it done i needed panadine forte for two days to cope with the pain. I now have a funky taste in my mouth and my tounge has a thick fur covering it. My taste has gone a little and I have been getting headaches . I should mention the extraction took 1hr and 40 minutes. The dentist had to cut into my gum and eventually removed the tooth in 11 pieces. It was very traumatic!! I have been flushing it every day even using a syringe to make sure I get all the food out as the hole is very deep. Is it normal after such a bad extraction to have this pain still? I should also mention my stitches came out the day after the tooth was pulled and I had to go ba k and get new stitches which also came out the next day. Any advises or ideas on of this is normal or should I go back to the dentist or wait it out another few days. Thanks so much.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013