On birth control pill. Mood swings. Doctor to put on different medicine?

Hi. My name is Carla. I am on the birth control pill trivora. I get it through the health department where i live. Usually after about a month on the pill you should be able to have your body use to the pill. I have noticed that my period will not stop. i have been on it for just over a week about 9 days now. when i first started the pill i had a light normal 5 day period. I have been having really bad mood swings that i never got before i got on the pill. What should i do? Should i call my doctor to get put on a different pill or just stop birth control period? I want to be safe and have a lower risk of pregnancy.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013