Have copper IUD. Been bleeding. Reactions to hormones? Why am I spotting?

Hello, I have a copper IUD . I have been using my current one for the past 2 years (this month). Some history first: 2 years ago, in November, I found out I was pregnant (with twins) with my first copper IUD. I found out because I had been bleeding for 2 months straight. I had the IUD removed, finished miscarrying (and had a D&C), then got a new copper IUD put in (I ve had adverse reactions to hormones in the past, so I didn t want to try the Mirena ). My partner and I have been trying to document my ovulation to avoid my fertile days. However, my menstrual cycle varies between 26 days to 34 days, typically. My problem is that I began spotting (brown and pink discharge ) one week before this past expected period and have been spotting ever since. I took a blood test when I first started spotting (which would have been about a week before the expected period) and I have taken 2 HPTs (all negative) since then. I am still spotting, 3 weeks later, enough to use about a regular tampon per day (my normal flow is quite heavy due to the copper IUD - this is definitely not my period). Any ideas??
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  26 Awaiting Answer