Numb fingers. Have dental infection, advised vicodin. Numbness related to infected tooth?

I went to my dentist Tuesday who said I have an infection and need a root canal on tooth number 19. I started an antibiotic that day and much of the pain has subsided. I go in on Monday for the root canal. I have also noticed that my left pinky and ring finger feel slightly numb and probably have now for about 2 weeks. I was in a lot of pain before seeing the dentist, but I assume the antibiotics are helping with that, plus I was prescribed Vicodin . Is the numbness in my hand related to my infected tooth? I am assuming it probably is. Btw, I am 30,w,f, with no health problems
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012