Neck and back injuries, abdominal pain. Had car accident. Appendix damage?

I have been in a automobile accident . I have had some neck and back injuries. I have also noticed a pain on the right side of my lower abdomen . I didnt notice it for about 3 days or so.. its right next to my hip bone . Im not coughing up blood or anything and sometimes I dont even notice its there but now when I touch that area I can def tell its there and i think its starting to get a little worse. A doctor said that its where the appendix is located but he said if your not dizzy or you didnt experience symtoms right away than its probably not caused from the accident and I should just keep an eye on it. I have never had a pain like this before the accident so Im wondering if the seatbelt could have damaged my appendix or given me a hernia or something.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012