My legs have been going numb on me whenever I sit down

My legs have been going numb on me whenever I sit down and i
27/F After sitting down in a normal seated position, my legs cramp up and I experience a lot of pain and sometimes numbness. When I stand the pain worsens and I can t walk for a few minutes. My knees feel like they are going to collapse when I stand from being seated for any length of time. Sometimes I am sore for a day if I was seated too long. I am a fairly active person, I work 50 plus hours a week as well as ride horses. As a police officer I do wear a duty belt six days out of the week, however I experience these symptoms more often when I m not wearing it. Please help, I feel that I m too young to feel this much pain.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011