Kept sneezing after removing car freshener. No pain, shortness of breath and tight chest. Help?

Hi I am a Nurse who works in th Community, I recently bought new car in which I spend short spells in driving betwen patients homes. The car had a strong air freshener which to remove as I kept sneezing. We them moved in to new premises when the air con is on I have to leave as it makes me feel bad.
I have been on annual leave all week thinking if I am away from the bulding not driving too much just short trip to the shops.
I have no pain,no shortness of breath, no tight chest it feels like I have a permanent air freshener in my chest, my throat is not affected. I do not and never have smoked, its driving me mad please help
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Various steps listed, kindly do follow them

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

I can understand how you feel. I should rightly start by saying that you will first have to air the car out and give it for a complete soap and vacuum of interiors. Along with this, please change the liquid coolant of the car, which could also be the cause for the air freshener-like fragrance in the car.

Now coming to the medical part, please make sure that you always put the windows down for at least 5-10 minutes after getting into the car. Various parts of the interiors of a car contain plastic, and specific types of plastic which when inhaled can lead to nausea, vomiting, headaches, allergic symptoms, etc. A most recent study has also reported cases of cancer caused due to inhaling of the fumes that are caused due to heating of the interiors of a car, which are inhaled as soon as the passengers get in.

I am almost sure this could be the reason for your presentation. I would advice you to try these measures and then write back to me if your symptoms continue. But I am sure this will solve your problem. Do take care and be patient, it might take a while for your presentation to come down. In the meantime, make sure you breath fresh and clean air (early mornings) to help purify your blood and enrich it with pure oxygen.

Hope this helps. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Kept sneezing after removing car freshener. No pain, shortness of breath and tight chest. Help? 3 hours later
Hi thank you I will try your suggestions

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do keep in touch XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:

Please do so and keep in touch. I am sure you shall succeed, but if you do not I am always here to guide you through to good health with other suggestions.

Best wishes.