Mood swings after skipping sugar pills, taking Lo Loestrin FE to help periods become light. Normal?

I m 16 years old and I had been on the birth control pill lo loestrin fe since March to help my periods become lighter. My gyno had told me that if I skip the sugar pills all together than my period will stop completely. When I first started birth control the physical symptoms of my period completely went away but I was 10x more emotional. At the end of July I decided to stop my period by skipping the sugar pills. Well as soon as that happened I literally could not stop crying. I ve never been very emotional and when something is bothering me I can usually push it to the back of my mind and when i go back to it later it no longer bothers me. Well when this happened I was freaking out over everything and I could not get passed it. I ve always been pretty independent and I d never been the kind of person to be needy or clingy but now I m pretty sure I m more needy than i was when I was an infant! I stopped the pill around August 7th and during that time I was on my period (as soon as I stopped taking it I had blood stains but no heavy bleeding ). Now I haven t taken it since then but my mood swings are horrible! I can t control my emotions and it s making my relationships suffer. Is this normal? When will this go away? What should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012