Itchy scalp, aggravated it, small scab formed, tender to touch, discharge on popping. MRSA symptoms?

I had an itchy scalp and I think I aggravated it and I noticed a small scab. After a few days, it raised and felt like a small ball. It was tender to touch and became hard. Today, I scratched my scalp and it burst and is oozing. It feels like a crater, but also feels like the area is filling back up with something. I m petrified it s MRSA or something? Is this common? I m scared I ve exposed my kids to something.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013