Itching in the top of penis. Partner also experienced same. Ruled out bacterial vaginosis. What could it be?

Hello my name is Lorenzo and i have a itchy feeling in the top of my penis . I had sex with a female who didint have sex for a while. She called me after two days and said she was itching and had a yellow discharge and i went to the doctor also the same day. I thought i gave her something cause at first we used a condom then the second time the condom broke. Went to the unversity of chicago yesterday and they said ruled or said bacterial vaginosis just asking is that something serious to worry about.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013