Is this because of improper use of minoxidil solution. can i use it carefully ?

Hi, I am 24 yrs old, and i have hair loss , I consulted an dermatalogist who advised me to apply hair4u everyday. I saw that it contains minoxidil and it has a lot of side effects such as dark spots under eyes and expansion of pores etc. Is this because of improper use of minoxidil solution or are these common effects? I am not able to decide whether to continue with it or not? Can i avoid these effects if i use it carefully, without letting it to come in contact with my facial skin? Experts please help!!!!
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011