Using Minoxidil to stop male pattern baldness and hair regrowth. Worried about side effects?

Dear Doctor,

I am 28 years old male and not yet married.
To stop the male pattern baldness and for hair regrowth I started using Minoxidil 5% after consulting a dermatologist from last 3 days.But now I'm worried about the side effects which I'm seeing it online i.e Decrease in sexual ability or desire....I'm unable to notice this issue with me but just wanted to know how the application of solution will effects my erection(in what percentage).I am very much concerned about this please let me know whether I can continue with usage or not.

Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Practically solution appl should not effect libido

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

Local application of the minoxidil solution should not effect, practically, the sexual desire or sexual performance

That too, with 3 days of application, not a possibility

Therefore, one can very well continue the local solution without any worry and carry on usual pattern of sexual life without any worry

Hope this answer would be of help,