Irregular periods, severe weight gain near abdomen. Is this due to water retention?

Hi, I am 34 yrs old. I am not pregnant but in last two months have gained considerable weight especially to abdomen which is incredibly swollen. I have sharp pain intermittently in my ribs and feel flutters occasionally in my upper abdomen. My period has not arrived this month but I have been regular the last two months. I have taken water pills thinking that it was water retention and this has not helped. Any suggestions please. It doesn t seem to make any difference what I eat or drink.
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  21 Awaiting Answer