Irregular periods. Have PCOS. Normal periods after putting the copper coil. Will my periods get irregular if I get it removed?

Hi I have a quick question. I suffered with PCOS for years. My periods were extremely irregular and i wouldn t often have one for months. I then had the copper coil in for 5 years and my periods were like clock work every 31 to 33 days and were extremely heavy. I have just had the coil removed and would like to know whether my menstrual cycle is likely to stay the same for a while i.e. or will my periods automatically go back to being extremely irregular. The reason i am asking is because i want to predict likely ovulation dates but i am not sure that i can do this as my periods were so irregular before i had the coil fitted.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012