Intestinal obstruction, constipation, high platelet level. Due to anticoagulants?

Greetings! My grandmother who s 84 y/o is in the hospital. She was admitted 40 days ago due to an intestinal obstruction. They removed some adherence from a previous cholecystectomy . She received her 2nd blood transfusion a few weeks ago and developed pneumonia . She was cured from pneumonia and then she developed another pneumonia again, that required to use a C-PAP and nasal O2 cannula . She has a femoral central line catheter and developed a DVT. She received Coumadin and later Lovenox (due to blood in her urine - she has a folly catheter) but the clot didn t resolved so they placed a vena cava filter yesterday. She still has extreme constipation and today the doctor told me her platelets level were 43k. He said he doesn t believe is due to anticoagulants because they discontinued them 3 days ago. What could cause this sudden and extreme lowering in her platelets levels? Thanks for your help!
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012