Child had spleen removal. Now have high platelet level. What should be done?

Hi, My name is Kate and I wonder if you could answer the following: my son had to have his spleen completely removed as it was completely ruptured after a bad rugby tackle. Surgery took 4 hours and he required 3 units of blood . When the surgeon came to talk to us the first question he as was did our son ever have lymph problems to which we answered no and we thought no more about it. This was all in Novemeber 2012. In recent weeks his platelet count has started to slowly rise. Can you tell me why the surgeon would ask about his lymphs ? Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013