Infection in right thumb, on antibiotics, pain radiating from knuckles, wrist to triceps. Suggestions?

i currently have an infection in my right thumb i am now taking antibiotics but what bothers me is before i started the antibiotics my knuckles on that hand started throbbing but now i m getting surges of extreme pain up the middle of my right tricep with constant pain all of the time. i ve been getting these pains for a while now but just wrist and knuckle, and only every so often(once maybe twice /mo). i m not sure what to do. i m unemployed and have not seen a regular doctor since spring 2002.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012