Infant suffering with severe cold and cough, no improvement with medicines. Remedy?

Hello I have a 9 months old daughter she has been suffering from severe cough and cold past 6 days showed to a doc n he prescribed altacef syrup ambrolite s syrup n Alaskan syrup but it s been 6 days witout any improvement at all she s got severe blocked nose fr which d dic gav efnase spray still it s not working yesterday reported to d doc abt her condition he prescribed betnesol drops 20 drops 2 times fr 5 days now m thinking is it safe to giv her or wait n c or change d medicines cuz my daughter is v active n playful but she s got ths problem of blocked nose n she breathes quite heavily while playing wht shud I do?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013