Infant has vomiting, diarrhea. Given zinc sulphate. Is it gastroenteritis?

My 6 months old son was admitted to hospital on 25th Januray 2013 with complain of vomiting which next day followed by water loose motions. He was diagonesed with Gastroentritis and was discharged from hospital after 5 days. He was given Zinc sulphate to drink at home. On 3rd Feb he had episodes of loos motions again which was diagnosed as persistent dirrhea and we were told its common in kids after gastroentritis. We were told to give him Smecta Sachet for 3 days. His loose motions were controlled but now he is passing small amounts of stools after each feeding. I wonder if we give him Smecta Sachet for one or two more days.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013