I stopped for a day then started bleeding again. What could be causing this?

I have had normal periods for the last seventeen years, but recently when I had my normal period-I stopped for a day then started bleeding again. I had cryosurgery seventeen years and two children ago. Last night I had finally stopped bleeding, but after I washed my vagina, I started bleeding again. Now it has stopped again. When I started bleeding after I had gotten off my period, I had bad stomach cramps, like regular heavy menstrual cramps. I had a pap smear in October, and it was normal. What could be causing this?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jun 2010