I had my period last month and i am having hot flashes everyday. My age is 40

hi, single 41 yrs old, 5 2 , weighing 152 lbs. I usually have a regular period but when i turned 40 my monthly period became irregular and i started to gain weight. i experienced hot flashes but not often. When i underwent a blood test it s still normal though below normal. i have mild anemia , my blood pressure is normal. though i have a high cholesterol , my hdl is high also. so i took simvastatin. I underwent a D&C procedure last january. after the operation i took a progesterone for 2 weeks. last february i had my monthly period but that was the last. after my last period i m having hot flashes everyday almost every few minutes especially if i m stress or in hurry. my back is very hot after few minutes i m cold or chilled. is this sign of menopausal already or something serious? i really need help cause it s affecting my work. during the hot flashes i experienced headache and felt dizziness sometimes. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Apr 2011