How can I relieve pressure from my ear so that it is no longer plugged and painful ?

I have strep throat and a sinus infection which is now being treated with an antiobiotic. My problem is that my left ear is so plugged and painful that it s no longer bearable. What can I do to relieve the pressure in my ear? Due to medication allergies I m not able to take any type of cold/flu medications. Heat is having no effect on it and I m not able to chew gum due to severe TMJ . I have pain killers but they barely touch the pain in my ear, jaw, face. I know if I could get the pressure to ease up the pain would lessen.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012