Heavy bloated and severely constipated with a painful stomach

Im 24 year old female,not on any medication, diet is ok ie plenty of fibre fruit,smooties,fluids. my bowel movement has never been great but i used to go 1-2 times a week. For last 6 weeks i had no bowel movement at all,feel bloated,sick,swollen and painful stomach and now pain in lower back and sides,my friend suggested i take senakot tablets,mixed seeds (help digestive system) and plenty of fibre. I started doing this and have only managed 1 small movement which was strained and hard. I know this is not normal!! I dont know what else to do or what to take? im willing to do anything before having to go to my doctor please help me
Asked On : Mon, 3 Oct 2011