Could breast pain, lower abdominal pain and stomach pain be indications of pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
I HAVE HAD IRREGULAR PERIODS FOR YRS BUT WHEN EVER I HAD IT IT WILL LAST 6 TO 7 DAYS AND WILL BE HEAVY FOR THE FIRST 3 TO 4 DAYS. ALL OF A SUDDEN I HAVE STARTING TO HAVE MY PERIOD REGULARLY BUT TO MY SURPRISE IT WAS VERY LIGHT AND LASTED ONLY FOR 3 TO 4 DAYS.LAST MONTH WAS MY FOURTH PERIOD LIKE THIS AND BEFORE ALL MY PERIODS MY SYMPTOMS WAS HURTING OF MY BREAST. BUT SINCE THE LAST PERIOD MY BREAST PAINS HAS NOT GONE. IN ADDITION I HAVE PAIN IN MY LEFT HAND SIDE LOWER ABDOMAN,AND I FEEL REALLY BLOATED FROM THE TOP AND ALSO HAVE PAIN IN THE WHOLE STOMACH THATS COMES N GOES. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE ME AS TO WAT THIS MEANS. COULD I BE PREGNANT. MT STOMACH IS SO BLOATED/BIG FROM THE TOP OF THE STOMACH. THANK YOU
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. IT is very rare, that you could be having 3 - 4 regular cycles ( albeit lighter than usual ) and still be pregnant. Please take a simple home pregnancy test first thing to rule out a pregnancy. I do not think you would be pregnant, as you have been mentruating regularly. You could be having gastritis, due to which you feel bloating sensation, and pain on the left side near the stomach. Try eating small frequent meals. Avoid anything that is spicy, oily, greasy or fried. Take simple, home cooked meals. Eat your dinner 3 - 4 hours before going to bed. THe breast pain could be harmless, as it occurs in many women during certain times of the menstrual cycle. At the most, it could be fibrocystic breast disease, where the normal lumpiness and density of the breasts is increased, due to hormonal influences. If the pregnancy test is negative, do not worry. If the breast pain is persistent, then consult a gynecologist to rule out any breast lump . Also have a pelvic ultrasound and internal check up ( per vaginum and per speculum ) in addition to hormonal tests ( FSH, LH, TSH ) - to rule out cause of the change in menstrual pattern. All the best Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.

Follow-up: Could breast pain, lower abdominal pain and stomach pain be indications of pregnancy? 3 hours later
JUST CONCERNED AS THE BREAST PAIN ONLY STARTED WHEN I HAD MY LAST PERIOD AND HAS NOT GONE AWAY. I DO HAVE NAUSEA AS WELL. I DONT VOMIT BUT FEEL NAUSEA

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: As I said, the breast pain might be caused by hormonal changes. A pregnancy test should be taken first of all, and then a gynec evaluation to rule out any breast disorder. For plain fibrocystic breast disease, evening primrose oil supplements and Vitamin E capsules are generally prescribed.