Having excess white discharge with a bad smell

hello sir my wife is suffering from white discharge it smille bad will u plz suggest treament
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Depending on the colour,any itching,after local examination only medicines can be prescribed.consult ur gynaecologist.
Thank you
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
White discarge with foul smell, is most likely to be fungal infection called candidiasis. In such case the discharge is thick white curd like and foul smelling. This needs treatment with vaginal tablets and oral antifungal medication. If the discharge is yellowis green foul smelling and watery it is of bacterial origin and needs anti bacterial treatment. To decide the exact cause of discharge you must consult a gynecologist who will have to examine you and prescribe the correct treatment.
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
hi white discharg is common prob in women first you have to rule out the cause of it by doing vaginal swab culture n blood test. this is eighter due to fungal n bacterial infection. maintain hygine n cleaning of vagina , meet gynecologist n start treatment it should be cured , in unerated case it lead to some other disease like PID , uterine infection
Dr aseem
General & Family Physician Dr. Preetesh Sahani's  Response
Well thius is a very common condition of nothing to worry.Treatment has to be taken by both of u.FAS-3 kit is has to be consumed by both of contains one tab fluconazole for the first day,2tabs of seconidazole for the subsequent 2days and one tab of azithromucin for the third day.medication has to be taken by both husband and wife.