Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
Based on the description of symptoms, I suspect that you could have suffered a groin strain hurting the musculature around the hip joint.
Also, an xray of the hip joint is necessary to ruleout any bony injury
The preliminary treatment consists of
* Rest to the local part and avoiding any movement causing pain
* Ice packing of the painful area once in 2 hours
* Local application of a muscle relaxant
gel and gentle massage
* Once the acute pain has subsided after 48 hours, moist heat fomenatation is indicated to relax the soft tissues
* use analgesics like Advil
Hope this information is helpful. Good day