Have pain in knee and back. Taking calcium supplements. What to do for this problem?

My name is Ruchi and I am 31 years old. I have a constant pain in my right knee when I go down the stairs or upstairs.also both my knees make the cracking noise(friction) and it has grown over the years. secondly, my lower back starts hurting acutely if i stand for too long. I can barely bend backwards to strech my back. I have been excercising and utaking calcium in my normal diet but now I am wondering if it is something else. I dont have a history (except that my father has high uric acis issue and gets gout pains sometimes) there has been no past injuries. Can you please suggest what should I do in this situation. Do i need to see a specialist?
thanks
Ruchi
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013