Have cough. Stress test shows poor results. Want second opinion about defibrillator

Hi my dad has a pacemaker in already but he is currently in the hospital due to a bad cough , the doctors did a stress test which they said came back poorly. Now there saying that they want to put in a defiliborator cuz his heart muscles is functioning at 10 to 15 percent. My dad is 84 years old and I don t like the fact for him to be cut on again due to his age and risks. I just wanted another opinion to see what s the right choice, can you help me.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013