Have chest pain. Had a high dimer at the Er. Does it take time for the dimer to stabilize?

Hello, I had a high d dimer 1350 at the ER with diffuse pain in chest and back but no clot found in multiple imaging tests. This was 7 days ago and my GP told me I could test again in 4 weeks (if I wanted to). He then discontinued contact with me and wont return any calls, I guess because I'm annoying or whatever. Does it take 4 weeks for d dimer to stabilize after an event? I am worried I have a condition that is chronic since no clots were found but now I am stuck waiting a month for more answers, is this right?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013