Have been off birth control, missed periods, had light spotting. HPT negative. Are these effects of being off pills ?

I have been off birth control for approximately 3 months. I have missed 1 period, and last month only had very light spotting one day. I have had multiple negative home pregnancy tests . Is this just my body adjusting to being off birth control? I recently started taking birth control again this past week, and I have new prescriptions to take, however, you are not supposed to take them if you are pregnant. In case I am pregnant, I do not want to take them.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013