Have PCOS, irregular periods. Missed periods. Ovulation positive after taking Provera. Does provera trigger false positive?

Hello Dr Christensen..I had my period on December 5th and missed my period on Jan 5th. My doctor told me to take 10mg provera for 5 days. I started testing my ovulation about 2 weeks ago but was neg. After two days of taking provera I have a positive this morning which is Jan 8th. Does provera trigger a false positive or am I actually ovulating late. Is it possible that i ovulate a month and 2 days after. By the way I have PCOS so my period doesn t come regularly. Please advise.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013