Hard bump on the elbow with swelling, arm pain. Sign of MRSA?

I have a red bump on my elbow ..I noticed it this morning. I thought it was an ingrown hair . So I popped the whitehead. Now there is no whitehead..barely any pus came out..and now it is still a red bump on my elbow and it is swollen around it. And the swelling is kind of hard. and it is painful. it makes my whole arm hurt. what do you think this is and should I go to the doctor? my brother in law has a history of MRSA and he needed help wrapping up an open wound yesterday. do you think i somehow could have accumulated infection of mrsa in my elbow? please help. i have a two year old..i dont want him to get sick.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012