Hand shaking while writing, pain in wrist area. Causes and treatment?

Dear Dr. I have always had a not too fantastic writing from dayone. I am 46 years old. I noticed in May 2003 that my hand was shaking while writing and on that day I could not believe how bad my writing turned out. Since then, I have observed that my hand shakes only when I write and not otherwise. Yesterday I experienced such pain in my wrist area while writing that I had to stop and shake my hand to see whether the pain will go away and it eventually did. I have not been to any doctor yet and i need answers. It is embarrassing to have a hand that shakes when i write.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012