Wrist sprain, no improvement with brace. What could the cause be?

I was diagnosed with a wrist sprain following x-ray in December following a fall on the ice. I have been wearing a brace provided by my caretaker but have not seen impreovement. I have severe wrist pain when turning my hand as if to look at the time as well as inability to use my hand for turning door knobs, opening desk drawers, hanging slothes in my closets and putting weight on my hand/wrist is very painful. It is also very painful to write or use my keyboad and/or mouse. What could this be?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013