Hair loss in diabetes

Doctor my cousin was diagnosed with diabetes but hes having hair loss and tooth loss what might cause these i am rg
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jul 2011

hair loss tooth loss is one of sign of ca deficiency or drug reaction.

what is your cousin age?
check sr. ca, thyroid,cbc, urea, creatine

Diabetologist Dr. Ram Kumar Chawla's  Response
wellcome to HCM. definitly diabetes effects multiorgan but in routine these are not seen better to rule out other causes also. better to consult endocrinologist near by u.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Diabetes is a multifaceted disease.There are normally presence of other conditions like obesity,lipid abnormality,vitamin deficiency etc.This can lead to hair loss and other problems.Please get in touch with your physician.There are chances of other hormonal abnormality also.Please ask to him get proper investigation done and take diet and treatment as per the advise.
wishing him good health.